5-Star Rating on
If you have ever lived in a house with roaches, then you know that they are not fun to have around. They can be especially problematic during winter because they have nothing else to do but come inside and make your life miserable!
Roaches During Winter
Roaches are a common pest in most homes. They like warm, moist places and food. Some people have to deal with roach infestations, especially in wintertime.
Roaches tend to find their way into homes for food and warmth. If you have a roach problem, you know it can be very frustrating to deal with them. They are not only a nuisance, but they can also spread bacteria and germs. If you have roaches in your home during winter, it’s important to take action immediately.
Signs of an Infestation
When the temperature drops, it’s easy to think the roaches will be gone. But don’t be fooled: they’re still out there and looking for a warm place to nestle in and wait out the cold weather.
Here are some signs of an infestation:
- If you see dead or dying roaches in your home, you might have an infestation.
- If you see live roaches and you’re seeing them more than usual (i.e., at least three or four times during the day), then this could be a sign of an infestation.
- If you see black or brown droppings, this could be a sign of an infestation.
- If you see egg casings (which are long and translucent), then this could be another sign.
These are just a few signs of an infestation, but if you notice any of these things in your home, you may contact a pest control company. They can help identify the problem and determine the best action to take.
Common Roaches That Invade Homes in Winter
Winter is the time of year when you’re most likely to see roaches in your home. That’s because they’re looking for warmth, and they’ll go wherever they think they can find it.
There are a number of different kinds of roaches that are common in homes during wintertime, but here are some of the most common types:
- German Cockroach: This is one of the most common roaches that invade homes in wintertime. They usually feed on sugary and starchy food s and are usually found in kitchens, restaurants, and food-processing plants.
- Brown Banded Cockroach: These roaches can be found in homes and apartments and are often seen around sinks or plumbing fixtures. They’re also known to feed on human food scraps, so they may be found where people prepare food.
- Oriental Cockroach: These cockroaches commonly live outdoors but enter homes through sewer lines and cracks in foundations.
- American Cockroach: These roaches thrive in cold weather but can also be found inside homes during winter. They usually feed through piles of garbage and dumpsters.
How to Get Rid of Roaches During Winter
Working with the pest control company to find and remove the source of your roach problem is the best way to eliminate them. They will be able to identify the source of your roaches and put in measures to prevent them from returning.
Do you think your home may be infested? Pest control companies in Fresno can help you eliminate roaches and other pests. Contact Valora Pest Control today for an inspection and treatment plan!